Canadian War Museum
As a volunteer, you’ll receive:
"*" indicates required fields
Everyone 18 years of age or over must sign the waiver to participate. Those under 18 must have it signed by a parent or guardian.
I, the undersigned, hereby waive, release and forever discharge CN, the Children’s Hospital Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Candlelighters, “CN Cycle for CHEO” organizers, and anyone associated with the event of and from all manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, claims and demands whatsoever for the duration of the “CN Cycle for CHEO” event on May 1, 2022. I hereby consent to and give full permission for use of my name and/or photo in connection with this event.
In this Agreement:
1.1 “Foundation” means the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Foundation;
1.2 “Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual, including but not limited to donors and participants in the custody or control of the Foundation;
1.3 “Policy” means the Foundation’s Personal Information Policy;
2. As a volunteer acting for the Foundation, I understand that I may have access to Personal Information under the custody or control of the Foundation while fulfilling my volunteer duties.
3. I agree that I will keep all Personal Information to which I may have access as a result of my volunteer activities strictly confidential and secure.
4. Except when I am legally required and authorized to do so, I will not access Personal Information and I will not disclose or give any person any Personal Information or document (whether in paper, electronic or other form) that comes to my knowledge or possession by reason of my volunteer activities with the Foundation.
5. I agree that I will promptly report to Kim Leblanc, Privacy Officer of the Foundation any problems of which I become aware concerning compliance with the Policy.
6. With respect to the use of the Foundation’s automated information systems, I agree that:
(a) I understand my privileges for authorized access to the Foundation’s donor files and information systems;
(b) I understand the security systems and procedures for using the system, including use and updates of my password;
(c) I will not disclose my sign-on password to anyone or use an illegal password;
(d) I will not disclose Personal Information to unauthorized parties or attempt to access or alter Personal Information in the system;
(e) I will keep all Personal Information secure and out of public view; and
(f) I am aware of the confidentiality of automated information and I accept responsibility to bring forward to Kim Leblanc, Privacy Officer of the Foundation any concerns regarding breach of confidentiality.
7. I understand that my obligations to maintain confidentiality under this Agreement extend for the term of the time period during which I provide volunteer services and thereafter.